[TxMt] PHP Validation broken in latest update

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Mar 17 15:44:05 UTC 2007

On 17. Mar 2007, at 06:29, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

> I have been using TM for quite a while, and one of my most-used
> features is the PHP syntax validation. Immediately after the latest
> update (to 1.5.5 (1368)) this stopped working. Instead, I see the
> following lines in place of the error / success readout:
>
> dyld: ruby Undefined symbols:
> _rb_attr_get
> _rb_attr_get
> _rb_ll2num
> _rb_num2ll
> _rb_string_value
>
> I have tried updating Ruby to 1.8.6, and downgrading it to 1.8.4. I
> have deleted and downloaded a new copy of TM. Nothing helps. I am
> on 10.3.9 + all patches.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I am 99% sure this is a problem with your ruby binary. The update to
PHP’s Validate Syntax was, that it was made to use Ruby.

As for having tried to update your ruby, 1) ensure that your ruby
actually works, e.g. by doing ‘ruby -v’ in the Terminal, 2) ensure
that TM actually runs your updated ruby see http://macromates.com/
textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path -- the Validate Syntax
uses shebang, so you don’t want to miss the paragraph marked
Important near the bottom.