[TxMt] Fwd: tm_dialog won't open window

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Mar 16 01:13:03 UTC 2007

On 16. Mar 2007, at 01:16, Dominik Gabi wrote:

> [...]
> Now what I tried
> macbook:~/Desktop dominik$ tm_dialog -p {$PLIST} MyNib.nib			//
> This returns tm_dialog, usage page
> macbook:~/Desktop dominik$ tm_dialog -p $PLIST MyNib.nib				// The
> same
> macbook:~/Desktop dominik$ tm_dialog -p args.plist MyNib.nib			// I
> get the following error:

Do this instead (definitely the best way to pass the arguments):

     tm_dialog < args.plist MyNib.nib

Or alternatively:

     tm_dialog -p "$PLIST" MyNib.nib

The quotes are important, otherwise the shell will do argument-
splitting after expanding the PLIST variable.

> [...]
> Is it wrong to assume, that if I get the values from the nib
> correctly, it should work the other way around as well!? Maybe I
> missed a setting in IB?

If I understand you, that is a correct assumption. I.e. the plist
returned can be passed in, as it is the data model, so to speak.