[TxMt] Re: Screenplay Bundle v3 released

Oliver Taylor oliver at ollieman.net
Thu Mar 15 18:38:07 UTC 2007

>> I wish I had the time to help you solve the MORE / CONT'D feature.
>> That's be pure awesomenesses.
>
> Can you explain this issue?  Maybe someone will take up the charge.

When either a scene or a bit of dialogue spans a page-break
indicators are placed in the scene and in the dialogue that tell you
the scene, or bit of dialogue, continues on the next page. It looks
like this:

INT. STORE ROOM - NIGHT

Darcy sits alone.

                     DARCY
           I can't stand just waiting here.
                 (more)

                                           (CONT'D)

-----------------Page-Break-----------------------

(CONT'D:)

                     DARCY (CONT'D)
           Give me something, anything...

The only place this pops up in is when printing to PDF. As of now the
PDF creation is handled by PrinceXml, so prince determines where the
page-breaks should go. Because prince is deciding where the page-
breaks go prince would need to determine when it needs to place the
"continued" indicators.

I'm using Prince because it's easy to install and I can leverage the
HTML conversion I can do to create the PDF. People have suggested
that I could get much more sophesticated odcuments using LaTex but
I've found it to be a large download, a pain to install, and yet
another document language I'd have to learn. So, I'm not too
interested at this point.

But to be frank, this issue is not a priority.