[TxMt] editing as user www for localhost

Brian Landau brianjlandau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:38:22 UTC 2007

Be very careful when using NetInfo Manager and making changes!!!
If you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing, things can go very bad
very quickly.

Before you do it be good to make sure your system has created a backup
of the NetInfo Database, in case anything goes wrong. I won't explain
how you restore the back up here, 'cause it's very involved.

Needless to say, I once made I minor change thinking I knew what I was
doing, and massive problems ensued (and no I'm not a n00b to UNIX or
Macs, although I am to programming, I just didn't realize the full
consequences of my minor change). I had to change it back to the
backup which is a pain indeed.

NetInfo is very weird and it's often not the only place you need to
make the changes for them to be affective.

Just a warning, good luck!
-Brian