[TxMt] Cocoa/CoreFoundation class/method/function suggestions

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 15 12:48:42 UTC 2007

On 14. Mar 2007, at 19:42, Todd Ditchendorf wrote:

> I'm wanting to try using TM for projects I'd usually use just Xcode
> for... but I'm missing the class/method/function suggestions you
> get when you are typing symbols in Xcode and press esc. does TM
> offer popup suggestion menus like this? specifically for cocoa/
> corefoundation/core graphics, etc?

It does have some completion support for Cocoa, the stdlib, and STL
algorithms (all done by Joachim Mårtensson).

It is reached using option-escape -- it’s not smart about types, so
e.g. [foo perf‸] will give all Cocoa methods starting with
‘perf’. An exception is when you do [ClassName met‸], here it
will restrict completions to class methods for ClassName.

It is still work in progress, so you may want to checkout the C/
Objective-C bundle to get the latest versions.

Also, ⌃H on a class/method will also do (Cocoa) documentation lookup
for the current entity, which is quite useful.