[TxMt] Re: textmate project pane strangeness

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 15 01:21:52 UTC 2007

Alan Watts wrote:
>     - sometimes after working on a file for awhile, the filename turns
> red, which I'm assuming means the link has died and I can't open them up
> anymore.  I can toggle back to the tab if it's still open and see the
> file, but it won't save any changes at that point.  This is the most
> frustrating because I have set up 100+ html/php/js/css files and then
> they break.

One other thing to consider, if you are opening large numbers of such
files, is trying to integrate a version control system into your
workflow.  Then you can work with a local copy of the files, and then
easily commit your changes to the server.  The benefits of this are a)
you can work with a local copy, and b) you can easily get diffs, revert
changes, etc.

It's usually (not always) a bad idea to have a workflow built around
editing html/etc. files on the server directly.

-Jacob