[TxMt] Subversion Bug when trying to commit through TextMate?

Jonathan Kinney jonkinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:04:05 UTC 2007

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is how I am supposed to commit or
if there is a bug with TextMate's subversion bundle but here goes...

If I modify a few files and want to commit all my changes in 1 commit
with 1 message there is only 1 way I've found to do so. I have to
select the top level folder (like trunk, that contains my app, public
etc   directories) at which point you can use the menu or the key
shortcut Ctl+Shift+A to pop up a window and choose commit, see the
multiple file, type you message and subversion sends the changes off
to the repository... the only problem is that in order to get a pop up
dialog on the top level folder (ie trunk) you have to have some (any)
file ope in textmate. Is this normal? I have gotten used to it but
sometimes before I quit for the night I close all my windows so no
preview is open in textedit and just the file drawer is there and I go
"shoot...I should really do a commit" but I can just select the folder
and get the list...I have to have a file open.

I know it's picky...is this how everyone else is doing it???

Thanks,
-Jon