[TxMt] ActionScript Bundle (MTASC)

Rui Carmo rui.carmo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:33:37 UTC 2007

On Mar 13, 2007, at 9:28 PM, Aaron Clinger wrote:
> The problem is currently there is no way to NOT use a custom trace
> function without editing the '.rb' file. It defaults to XTrace by
> default. A lot of Flash developers don't use a custom trace function
> at all and instead install the debug Flash player from Adobe.

I concur. I have yet to get XTrace to work at all, whereas the debug
Flash plugin (once setup properly, but that is another story) and
Console worked first time.

> This is a cross platform option that doesn't require and additional
> classes or
> tools and you can debug the same way off a server or locally. So it
> would be nice to have an option not to remap the trace functions.

Again, yes, please. Pretty please :)

> Here is a link to the debug players: http://tinyurl.com/lzqp4
> A link to an old article: http://tinyurl.com/2delt9
> This will create a flashlog.txt at:
> /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/Logs/
> flashlog.txt

I just went through the pain of figuring this out myself (talk about
bad timing, reading this e-mail would have saved me an hour or so).

>> This is a common suggestion. I'll try to add it right now (as in "I
>> have the script open in another TextMate window as I write this"
>> timeframe :)

Hmmm. Any updates coming up? Where can we get them? :)

> Sure. The 'std' and 'std8' are just intrinsic classes that MTASC uses
> for generating compile-time code errors. If you are publishing for
> Flash 7 you wouldn't want to use the 'std8' classes.

Which also happens to be my case at the moment. I'd love to see this,
since I _don't_ want to unwittingly use 8 or 9 features in the stuff
I'm doing.

Regards,

Rui Carmo
http://the.taoofmac.com