[TxMt] ActionScript Bundle (MTASC)

Aaron Clinger aaron at aaronclinger.com
Tue Mar 13 17:43:24 UTC 2007

Not sure who to address this to, but I have a few suggestions about
how the MTASC compile works in the ActionScript bundle. The new MTASC
addition is really great, way better than the one I built for myself,
but I do have a few suggestions to make.

The mtasc.yaml support file should allow for a tad bit more flexibility:

- The option to not use XTrace, a lot of Mac Flash developers use
Console and the debug Flash player for this. Right now it seems if no
trace is defined it uses XTrace; so there is no way to fall back on
the Flash default. Also removing the XTrace class paths if not using
them.

- The option to easily add additional MTASC arguments in the yaml; for
example '- strict'.

- The option to NOT include the 'std' and the 'std8' classes.

- '- keep' should not be called by default if a SWF is present. This
could cause some classes to be present two times if also compiled with
MTASC. I would suggest allowing the user to add this command in the
additional MTASC arguments variable I mentioned above.

My apologizes if there is currently a way to do any of the above
without editing the 'build_with_mtasc.rb'. I would be glad to make the
changes myself...

Thanks for your time.

best,
Aaron Clinger