[TxMt] Insert File/Path names + open a file without using a GUI

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Mar 12 15:47:42 UTC 2007

Hi Steven,

go to my first posting http://article.gmane.org/
gmane.editors.textmate.general/18072

Download the attachment 'FileName Completion.tmCommand' to your hard
disk.

Double-click at this tmCommand; TM will install it automatically.

Open a new window and press CTRL+TAB.

Regarding to the key binding: please change the key binding within
the bundle editor to whatever you want because CTRL+TAB is an
essential short-key for the project drawer.

Cheers,

Hans

On 12.03.2007, at 16:25, Steven.Klass at smsc.com wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
>         This looks exactly like what I could use.  Excuse my
> newness - but how do I "invoke this command" - where is it?
>
> ---
>
> Steven M. Klass
>
> Strategic Manager, Design Automation - Analog Mixed Signal
>
> SMSC
> 3930 East Ray Road, Suite 200
> Phoenix, Arizona 85044
> (480) 704-7046 (Desk)
> (480) 225-1112 (Mobile)
> steven.klass at smsc.com
>

> Charley Tiggs <lists at tiggs.net>
> Sent by: textmate-bounces at lists.macromates.com
> 03/11/07 09:03 AM
> Please respond to
> TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>

> TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
> cc
> Subject
> Re: [TxMt] Insert File/Path names + open a file without using a GUI
>

> Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I rewrote my Command 'Insert File/Path Name + AutoCorrect'.
> > Key: CTRL+TAB
> > Scope: none
> >
> > BTW I use this Command very often to open a file without a mouse
> or GUI.
> > Just type:
> > 'mate ' and invoke this Command, and finally press CTRL+R.
> >
> > To illustrate that Command I did a screencast (without sound
> because my
> > mic is out of order, but there are written comments)
> >
> > http://www.bibiko.de/TM_InsertFilePathNames.mov  (ca. 5.7MB)
> >
> > Comments are welcome!
> >
> > Best,
> > Hans
>
> Hans,
>
> This is awesome!  Simply awesome!  I just tried it out and it works
> exactly the way I like to work in the terminal.
>
> One question:  Is it possible to force the plugin to always work from
> the root of a specific directory?  For example, I have a website
> set up
> as a project.  I'm never going to need any files outside of the
> project.
>  Possible to be able to type control-tab and start from the root of
> the
> project folder instead?
>
> Charley

Hans-Joerg Bibiko
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6     phone:   +49 (0) 341 3550 341
D-04103 Leipzig       fax:     +49 (0) 341 3550 333
Germany               e-mail:  bibiko at eva.mpg.de