[TxMt] Including .bib files in Latex

Refsvik Kjell Are kjell.a.refsvik at hiof.no
Thu Mar 8 15:01:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Being new to both TextMate and Latex, I find myself in the middle of
a fairly steep learning curve, in addition to starting as a graduate
student.

This is my setup: http://home.online.no/~refsvik/TextMate_Latex.jpg

...and as I am using Mac OS X, I have found that BibDesk is a
splendid way of collecting and maintaining bibliography and
publications.

Compiling my main.tex works out fairly ok (with a few warnings),
tying together most of my files, but what lacks is the Bibliography/
References entry. There is simply no Bibliography entry at all in the
final .pdf file, and the compiler is telling me this:

Typesetting: ./4_methodology.tex
  LaTeX Warning: Citation `Jones:1992' on page 4 undefined on input
line 5.

Trying to understand this, I have had a look at this:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/8789/
match=bibtex

...but still struggle to understand the following:

1. Do the "Bibtex full run" need to be set up for every single latex
project in any way?

2. What does happen to my .bib (bibtex) file in this process? How is
a bibtex file compiled (if that is the correct term) and is it
converted to latex in some way?

I would be very grateful if someone could post a small recipe on the
total amount of things to set/do in order to get this to work:

1. The appropriate actions in the bundle editor
2. Setting environment variables accoring to what is needed in the
"Run Bibtex copy" command

Best regards,

Kjell Are Refsvik
Norway