[TxMt] How can TextMate be so popular???

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Mar 7 00:52:17 UTC 2007

On 6 Mar 2007, at 23:37, porneL wrote:
>>> Your browser may have parsed it, I dunno. I didn't try it. But
>>> with an editor that relies on regular expressions to match
>>> syntax, something as small as this would probably throw it off.
>>
>> As in Perl that comma is optional. Makes it easier to extend lists.
>
> Unfortunately ECMAScript specification really forbids commas in
> such places.

So I see. Although strangely a trailing comma is allowed in array
literals.

If we're being pedantic though Michael referred to JavaScript and
it's not a syntax error in SpiderMonkey. Of course you could argue
that that's a bug in SpiderMonkey and I'd probably just shut up at
that point :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net