[TxMt] How can TextMate be so popular???

Jeremy Amos jeremy at igneramos.com
Tue Mar 6 21:36:46 UTC 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 4:14 PM, tlm wrote:

> As for the Help business, for those who dare to see how much your
> beloved TM's Help sucks, try this.  Switch to the Finder, invoke Help,
> in the search box enter anything you like, for example "preferences",
> click on the first result, and now use Cmd-F to search for occurrences
> of a particular word in that page.  Pick a word you know is there.
> Success!  (So don't blame the OSX Help system for TM's developers'
> incompetence.)

For those that are curious:

I mostly was ignoring this, but knowing that Textmate used the OS X
Help viewer, this one truly intrigued me. And interestingly enough,
when I opened the help *in the Finder*, used the search box to find
some text, and hit CMD+F to find text, and nothing. Not found.

Clicked in the window, and CMD+F worked like a champ. Same results in
TxMt. It's the Help Viewer, not Textmate.