[TxMt] Balance Tags/Blocks

David Kurtz david at scelerat.com
Tue Mar 6 19:30:06 UTC 2007

I'm taking a fresh look at TM and using it 60/40 with BBEdit... one
of the things I'm missing is a "balance tags" or "balance blocks"
feature.

e.g. if I'm between two tags, I hit the key command I've assigned,
cmd-opt-B, and everything between the two current HTML tags gets
selected. If I press it again, everything within the parent tag gets
selected, and so on. Is this something hidden in one of the TM
bundles? I really miss this whenever I move over to TM.

Similarly, I like being able to double click on opening braces,
parens, brackets, and selecting their contents. I know there's the
code collapsing, but it's different and doesn't seem so universally
applicable. e.g. object literals in Javascript aren't collapsable in
TM. In BBedit they're both collapsable and the bracket-double-
clicking works.

Any suggestions?