[TxMt] Re: Adding code syntax highlight to markdown blogging.

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 6 02:12:20 UTC 2007

Luke Daley wrote:
> Would it be possible to add support for correctly syntax highlighting
> code in markdown blog posts?
[...]
> [perl]
>     # perl code here
> [/perl]
>
> etc.
>
> What would be the best way to do this?

I think your best bet is to duplicate the markdown grammar and make
modifications locally.  It's possible though that you could get away
with doing it by making a new grammar and inheriting the markdown
grammar.  See the textmate docs.

Incidentally, what's the point of the [/perl] part.  It seems like the
end of a code block is pretty unambiguous…

-Jacob