[TxMt] LaTeX "at" symbol (was: Brilliance Black, Twilight etc ...)

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Mar 3 17:56:16 UTC 2007

Hi Alain,

This has nothing to do with themes. Themes do determine how things
are colored, but it is the syntax that determines what *can* be
colored by assigning scopes to things, and your questions all relate
to things possibly not being scoped properly.

On Mar 3, 2007, at 4:57 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> hello,
>
> 1) \newcommand*{\twoptoff}{\ifnum \catcode`:=13 \catcode`\:=12

Shouldn't there be a \ in front of :=13 ?

>  13 and 12 are not in the same color
>
> 2) When i use xkeyval package i 've the name of the macro like this :
>
> \define at boolkey : define and @boolkey are not in the same color
> 3) \protected at edef\@tempa \@ in one color , tempa in the same color
> that edef
> 4) \def\@@vertex#1{...   \@ in one color the second @vertex in an
> other color

All these are essentially the same question, and it has to do with
dealing with @. At the moment we are not allowing @ as part of a
command. I thought it was a character to avoid in LaTeX. Can you
explain a bit what all the above stand for syntactically, i.e. what
pieces are together and what they represent? I am personally not too
familiar with the uses of @.
> 5)  i've an other question about completion with LaTeX. What is the
> good way
>  for me if i want to complete easily newcounter, setcounter,
> newcommand, usepackage \define at boolkey
> etc .....

I would suggest using the "Edit Configuration File" command, and
adding your own commands and shortcuts there. Would that meet the
case for you, or do you really want to use esc for completion,
instead of the "insert command based..." command?

> Greetings
>
> Alain

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College