[TxMt] TextMate burning up cpu on idle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Mar 1 22:21:20 UTC 2007

On 1. Mar 2007, at 22:46, Jamie Orchard-Hays wrote:

> Since my last update to Textmate, I've noticed that it is burning a
> little under 5% of my CPU (Core Duo MacBook Pro) when I'm doing
> absolutely nothing. I'm rather sure it didn't do this before.
>
> Anyone else see this, or have an idea what's going on?

OMG you are right :/

The problem seems to be with the progress indicators which use
tm_dialog (brought up e.g. by Subversion commands). The nib is
(probably) never disposed (retain cycle?) and so the window still
exists, and so does the animated progress bar, which will keep doing
its stuff, even though the window is closed/gone.

I’ll look into it.