[TxMt] Feature Request: Number of Characters Selected

Robert M. Zigweid rzigweid-textmate at zigweid.net
Mon Jun 25 17:51:23 UTC 2007

Greetings.  I saw a neat feature in another editor, and I was
wondering if there was similar functionality in TextMate.  If there
is, I haven't found it yet and a pointer would be most appreciated.

When making a selection, I was wondering if there was some interface
point that easily displayed how many characters were selected.

My use case?  Constructing HTTP Requests and wishing to supply the
accurate content length quickly and easily.  I can imagine other use
cases as well, but this is the one that I can see needing most often.

Regards,

Robert M. Zigweid