WordPress datetime (was: [TxMt] er)

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Sat Jun 23 21:42:54 UTC 2007

Hi Allan -

On Jun 23, 2007, at 5:26 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Not being a WP hacker, so I might be wrong, but the change was not
> the actual TZ info, WP never sent such info.

Yeah that is ringing a bell. I guess my memory was as rusty as I
feared :)

> The best is really to not send any TZ info as -0000 will still break
> some XML-RPC parsers.

The problem I have with this is, how do I tell that the server is a
WordPress that returns ambiguous dates that happen to be GMT vs
ambiguous dates that happen to be blog-local time?

It seems like a good idea that, associated with the change in
behavior, there should be some change in notation.

It's a shame that the time zone info breaks parsers, since it's all
part of standard ISO8601 date format.

Daniel