[TxMt] reST and Path issues

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:31:59 UTC 2007

Dear Alan,

Thanks for your help.  Re-reading search path section of the manual, I
also solved a path mystery of my own.  My .bash_profile file began
with the line:

[ -f $HOME/.bashrc ] && source .bashrc

It should, of course, have been

[ -f $HOME/.bashrc ] && source $HOME/.bashrc

Which explains why the path that I had in .bashrc was not being read
by textmate.

I don't know whether that .bash_profile is standard or was written by
some utility or other - I don't think it can have been me since on my
own machine I probably wouldn't have worried about testing whether or
not .bashrc existed.

Best wishes,

Nicholas