[TxMt] reST and Path issues

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:17:43 UTC 2007

Dear List,

I know I am probably doing something silly, but I can't seem to solve
this seemingly trivial problem.

I've installed the restructured text bundle, and the restructured text
tools themselves.  the reST tools work fine from the command line.  My
environment.plist looks like:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>DISPLAY</key>
        <string>:0.0</string>
        <key>PATH</key>
        <string>/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current:/Users/nicholas/bin</string>
</dict>
</plist>

On running the rst2html command from the bundle, I get the error message:

Couldn't find rst2html.py

You can either set the TM_RST2HTML variable to the full path of your
docutils (docutils.sourceforge.net) installation (e.g.
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/bin or set the PATH
variable to include the path of the docutils converters.

Locations searched:

/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS
/sw/bin
/sw/sbin
/bin
/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/sbin
/usr/texbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/X11R6/bin
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin

If I create a variable TM_RST2HTML and set it to:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/

I get an error saying that that path cannot be found (even though I
*know* it exists.

(the relevant utilities exist both there and in my ~/bin)

Can anyone explain what is wrong?

Best wishes,

Nicholas