[TxMt] I must be going nuts...

Steve King steve at narbat.com
Mon Jun 18 19:03:02 UTC 2007

Okay, I must be going nuts.  I could *swear* that when editing source,
when I backspaced to remove a tab the entire tabstop got removed.  All
eight character-widths, or whatever my tab size is set to.  This happened
even if I had soft tabs enabled; backspacing would chew up spaces back to
the previous tabstop.

But that's not happening now.  Now, when I backspace over a tab, the
cursor moves one character and the tab is replaced by (tab size - 1)
spaces.

I could also *swear* that up until recently the cursor keys would jump an
entire tabstop at a time (if moving over a tab), and that you couldn't
cursor into the "dead" space after the end of the line.  But now, the
cursor keys always move exactly one character width, whether in a tab or
past the EOL.

So, did something suddenly change?  I'm using the bleeding edge updates,
and regularly updating the bundles by svn, so I can see a change slipping
past me.  Or maybe I toggled some unknown preference value by mistake?

Or is this the way it's always been and I'm just crazy?

--
Steve King, <steve at narbat.com>