[TxMt] Autonumbering in a bundle

Pieter Baele pieter.baele at telenet.be
Mon Jun 18 11:10:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I started a new bundle for editing COBOL (indeed... ;-)
http://pieterb.be/coding/cobol/

Right at the moment I've only some syntax highlighting, but I' did
like to know how
I can implement auto-numbering.
I am only a beginner with these bundles.

Each new line should start with a number of 6 digits, if possible
with +10 for each new line.
(calculated with the number in 1-6 off the previous line)
000100
000110

Each line ends after 80 columns (or characters)
Is it possible to always(!) wrap after 80 chars?

Another issue: commenting; cobol uses a star in column 7 to show a
line is comment.
For example:
000220*A helloworld example....
000230

Is this possible.
Any help is greatly appreciated...

Pieter Baele
pieter.baele at telenet.be

A solid systems's approach should not be based on "but it works".
Yet, time and time again, we see that for most people this is the
case. They don't care about good software, only about "good enough"
software. So the programmers can continue to make such mistakes.