[TxMt] Disabling the 'pairs around selected text' feature

MakTheYak markstickley at theyakshack.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 16:13:07 UTC 2007

Hi, I've been using TextMate for almost a year now and I think it's great,
except for one feature which I find annoying - when you select a block of
text and hit a pair key (Eg. ', ", [, < etc) instead of overwriting the
selected text it nestles it in between two of the key you pressed.

I thought that I'd probably get used to it in a few weeks but I guess I
haven't and I still find it really annoying when I forget to hit backspace
first. So I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to disable the
feature?

Many thanks!
Mark