[TxMt] Re: help on folding rules

Jenny Harrison harrison at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Jun 10 20:34:44 UTC 2007

On Jun 10, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> I am more and more convinced that an option
> to ignore indentation could be useful...
> at least for languages like LaTeX,
> where indentation is just a matter of taste.
> One might add more precise start/stop markers
> in the language definition to ensure proper coupling
>
> Piero

I second this.  Such an option would work well for LaTeX users since
the begin and end pairs are logically nested and indentation adds
nothing but visual pleasure if right, but headaches for folding if
wrong.   When I first learned to use TextMate this was a constant
problem, but I can now keep things clean and tidy using all the
lovely macros you all set up.  So I appeal for this option for the
hordes of Latex users I expect to see coming over to TextMate once
2.0 is released ;-)

Jenny