[TxMt] Characters and Mathematical Operators

Brad Hutchins oshybrid at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 16:13:22 UTC 2007

Just getting into TextMate (love it).  I am trying to customize my own theme
(don't know a lot about RegEx yet).  In the Ruby Bundle the language
settings have the following.

{    name = 'constant.other.symbol.ruby';
            comment = 'symbols';
            match =
'(?<!:)(:)(?>[a-zA-Z_]\w*(?>[?!]|=(?![>=]))?|===?|>[>=]?|<[<=]?|<=>|[%&`/\|]|\*\*?|=?~|[-+]@?|\[\]=?|@@?[a-zA-Z_]\w*)';
            captures = { 1 = { name = 'punctuation.definition.constant.ruby';
}; };
        },

So to me this appears customizing the syntax of symbols and math operators.
But when I Create a new Syntax element and set the scope to "
constant.other.symbol.ruby" the symbols and math operators don't change to
what I want.  They stay like the default syntax "ruby.source" and i don't
know why because the symbol information has a more detailed scope.

Also does anyone have a language element that I can add to my language
definitions to allow me to chose syntax highlighting for function calls. Not
function definition, but actual functions being called upon such as:

old_inventory = inventory_from(ARGV[0])

With "inventory_from" being the thing I want to highlight?