[TxMt] Re: Wordpress 2.2 and Pings/Comments

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 12:57:03 UTC 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 03:55:32 -0500, Allan Odgaard
<throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

> On 9. Jun 2007, at 19:53, Christoph Koehler wrote:
>
>> There are some problems with the blogging bundle with Wordpress 2.2.
>> Pings and Comments are always set to off.
>
> Did you check your WordPress preferences? You can set the default state
> for new posts.

Yeah, they are enabled by default. Since 2.2, if I just submit it the
first time, the defaults kick in and pings and comments are enabled and it
shows in TM. Once I submit the post again to change something for example,
with the Ping and Comment headers already there, they will be turned off
even if they were set to On.

>> I know it has been mentioned before and it seems to be a bug in WP. I
>> didn't see a bug report on the WP trac and am not really too familiar
>> with the API, so could you clarify what's causing this and whether it
>> really is a WP bug so I can submit a bug report to the WP guys?
>
> I haven’t heard about -- personally I am using 2.1.3 and does not have
> such problems.

I only heard one other person refer to it, so I am wondering what's wrong;
I'd expect a bigger outcry if it were WP, but nothing's impossible. Just
trying to make sure where the bug lies.

Christoph