[TxMt] modifying the URL helper in Markdown

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jun 6 15:24:05 UTC 2007

On 6. Jun 2007, at 15:53, jeff newman wrote:

> [...]
> Currently, when i paste a link using ctrl-shift-L I get:
>
> [text](http://linkaddress.yay)
>
> I would prefer to get
>
> [text][1]
>
> and then have the link entered at the bottom of the document.
>
> [1]: http://linkaddress.yay
>
> Any thoughts on how this could be pulled off?

That can’t be done -- though it could insert the two lines (by
editing the template), just the second one would not go to the bottom.

I’ve considered doing a “toggle” between inline and reference style
links, this might be better, also because the next time you do a
link, it should use [2], but it needs to look at your reference list
to figure out that.