[TxMt] Open command

Cliff Pruitt lists.cpruitt at cliffpruitt.com
Fri Jun 1 14:31:00 UTC 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:

> The behavior I'm seeing with ⌘T is that it shows MRU files most of
> the
> time, but then every so often it "resets" and just shows an
> alphabetized list of all project files. I'm not sure what triggers the
> reset yet. I'm switching a lot between TextMate, Terminal and Safari
> in my current work. It's not a TextMate quit+launch or project
> close+open that's causing the reset because I'm not doing those things
> when it happens.

Feel free to correct me, but best as I've been able to tell TM will
change the file history any time a directories contents have been
modified by something other than TextMate.  So given:

ProjectRoot/
ProjectRoot/css/
ProjectRoot/js/

You can work with files in the /css & /js directories and they will
appear at the top of your ⌘T menu.  Now, however, if you switch to
terminal and make a change, not just to one of the files you were
working with, but to anything else in the directory (say you check
out new files from svn into your /js directory), TM will have to
(apparently) re-scan the directory for changes, and any files in the
changed directory (/js) will be removed from the history at the top
of your ⌘T list.  Any files in the history that are not in the
directory that was modified (e.g. all of your .css files) will still
be available in the history.

If you close/reopen a project, everything gets reset.

I'd probably use ⌘T more if this was a little smarter about what
needed to be shown & remembered but I have no real complaints.  I
have plenty of Windows co-workers that constantly moan about the lack
of TextMate on their OS.

  Maybe some good ⌘T stuff is coming in 2.0...

- Cliff