[TxMt] Open command

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:51:44 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 31. May 2007, at 19:24, Cliff Pruitt wrote:
>
> >> [...] I guess that most of the time I open a file, I'm opening a
> >> sibling to the file I'm currently editing [...]
> > [...] If you've already got a project open (re: "which is often in
> > a subdirectory of the project") why not use the file drawer to just
> > click the file?
>
> Or even better: Navigation → Go to File… (⌘T)

I guess ⌘T does the trick. I'll just have to break the habit of also using ⌘O.

Okay, on to the next request.  :-)

Or maybe this already exists: I would like a list of open files in
most-recently-used (MRU) order. ⌘T could probably be tweaked to do
this. In fact, many times it at least shows me the very last file I
looked at. But sometimes it does not (and I don't know why). And the
order of the subsequent files (alphabetized?) isn't particularly
useful in a large project.

The utility for an MRU list is that during software development I
often flip between the same 2 - 5 files while fixing a bug or adding a
feature.

-Chuck