[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 34, Issue 31

Dushan Mitrovich dushanm at spinn.net
Mon Jul 30 20:26:28 UTC 2007

Takaaki Kato <devlist at samuraicoder.net> wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2007, at 5:28 AM, Dushan Mitrovich wrote:
>
>> - On opening ordinary text documents the Line counter at lower left
>>   shows the line number, but the column counter just shows '-'.  How
>>   do I get  this to work correctly?
>
> Where do you see the `-`? The `-` in the lower right side is a symbol
> list. The column is just next to the `Line: xx` on the lower left. If
> you open a new document, you should see "Line:  1 Column:  1"
> (assuming you open a new document wihtout any templates.

What I see is this:  "Line:  1  Column:  _", followed by a pale vertical
bar, followed by a pale colored disk with the white letter "L".

>> - How do I adjust the left margin for printing?... in fact, all the
>>   essential printing parameters?
>
> TextMate doesn't have many features for printing. See the link below:
>
> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/printing#printing

Oh, thanks for the info.  Amazing that an otherwise competent text
editor should lack such essentials.  BTW, the information in the URL
above differs a bit from what my copy of TextMate (1.5.6) shows: the
bundle.  Where's the best place to get pdfsync and pdflatex?

- Dushan