[TxMt] Coloured diff display?

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Wed Jul 25 14:43:44 UTC 2007

I get different behavior depending on how I run the diff command.

If I do an svn stat and then press the diff button next to a file, then I
get a file/window with some random name and a .txt extension.  This does not
show up formatted as a diff file but rather shows up as restructured text,
which is my usual setting for .txt files.

But if I do a diff on a single file by choosing diff from the subversion
menu then the diff shows up in an untitled window and is colored
appropriately.

It seems like coming up with some standard extension to use for these
temporary diff files would be a reasonable way to get consistent behavior...

Brad

On 7/25/07, Kevin Horton <khorton01 at rogers.com> wrote:

> On 25 Jul 2007, at 10:30, Ciarán Walsh wrote:
>
> > On 25 Jul 2007, at 15:01, Kevin Horton wrote:
> >
> >> there is still a puzzling difference in behaviour between the two
> >> machines.  On one machine, diffs are automatically detected as
> >> language Diff.  On the other machine, they come up as language
> >> Plain Text.
> >
> > How are you getting the diffs into TM? The language is associated
> > with the file extension, so if you changed a .diff file to Diff it
> > should now be stored that way
>
> On both machines I am using the command "Diff with Newest (HEAD)"
> from the Subversion bundle.  Both machines have the same version of
> subversion, installed in the same place.  Neither machine has any
> TM_* environment variables set.
>
> Kevin Horton
> Ottawa, Canada

Brad Miller