[TxMt] opening a file readonly

Cliff Pruitt lists.cpruitt at cliffpruitt.com
Thu Jul 19 14:20:50 UTC 2007

Well, you can mark the file itself as being read-only which will
apply system wide and you wont be able to save it.

If you're wanting to actually prevent being able to modify the open
document then I'd say probably no.  TextMate is a "text editor" by
definition so you'd not really expect to find an option that removes
the ability to edit.

I'f you're wanting a strict text-reader, why specifically are you you
using TextMate?  Is there maybe a better tool for what you're trying
to do?

- Cliff