[TxMt] latex: typeset & view-problem

Christoph Eyrich ceyrich at gmx.net
Mon Jul 2 13:01:29 UTC 2007

hi robin,

On Jul 2, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Robin Houston wrote:

>> & view" doesn't work. more precisely: compilation of the file is fine
>> but preview doesn't work. instead i get a spinning ball in the upper
>> left corner and a paper icon in the middle of the html-window.
>
> I once had a similar problem, which was resolved when I installed the
> 'PDF Browser Plugin' (http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/). Though
> I'm on PPC – I don't know whether that plugin works on Intel machines.

it's ppc only. however, i had disabled rendering pdf within safari on
the ppc-machine but 'typeset & view' was not affected.

> In any case, this may be relevant. Can you view PDFs in a Safari
> window, say?

it's interesting: i enabled this feature in acrobat (with safari no
showing pdf within its window) - when doing 'typeset & view' i still
get a blank window with the spinning symbol in the top right corner
but this time with the  acrobat-icon in the center.

i suppose your question points into the right direction but i still
don't know what's going on.

thanks!

best,
christoph