[TxMt] Copy and Duplicate word snippet

Dr. Drang drdrang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:28:36 UTC 2007

I'm not sure how many different situations you need to handle, but
this sounds like a job for a macro, not a snippet.

1. Create a document with the sort of text you want to transform
2. Select the text
3. Start recording the macro (look in the Bundles menu)
    a. Copy
    b. Arrow down a line
    c. Type in "theText = "
    d. Paste
4. Stop recording the macro
5. Test the macro
6. Save the macro and give it a good name and key combination

If the text you need to transform is more complicated than what you
described in your message, you may need to do something more
complicated than just arrow down one line in step 3b.

On Jan 24, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Helmut Granda wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to find information in regards of how to copy and paste
> text in a new line, for example:
>
> before snippet:
>
> myText
>
> after snippet:
>
> myText
> theText = myText
>
> currently I am able to create a snippet that will copy the selected
> word and create a new line like this:
>
> theText = $TM_SELECTED_TEXT
>
> but of course this replaces the selected text so I did the following
>
> $TM_SELECTED_TEXT
> theText = $TM_SELECTED_TEXT
>
> and this works great if there is only one line of text but lets say
> I need to select a certain word in the middle of a pharragraph then
> i get the following
>
> before snippet:
> first word theText second word
>
> after snippet:
> first word theText theText = theText second word
>
> as you can tell the snippet inserts the comman din the middle of
> the sentence, is there a way to avoid that?
>
> TIA
> Helmut

Mark Lawrence
vCard: www.unified-eng.com/people/MAL.vcf