[TxMt] Working with CVS in TextMate

Grant Hollingworth grant at antiflux.org
Mon Jan 22 17:19:39 UTC 2007

* Neil Lee <neil at hushboom.com> [2007-01-21 09:53]:
>My workplace has standardized (a long time ago) on CVS for version
>control. I'm used to using Subverison with svnX and a bit of command
>line tomfoolery and haven't used CVS very much.

CVS on the command-line is like Subversion but more annoying... which is why Subversion exists.

>I've noticed that TextMate has CVS support, so I'm wondering if
>anyone here has any tips on using the CVS plugin?

I've been using the CVS bundle at work.  It's very similar to the Subversion bundle, if you've tried that.  Pressing ⌃⇧Z pops up a menu with all the commands.

It works well for diffing and committing a single file.  When I want to commit multiple files together, I go back to the shell.  You can view logs with it, but they're not nicely formatted like in the Subversion bundle.  It wouldn't take too much effort to fix that.