[TxMt] Textmate Latex insert completion problem

Nathan Paxton napaxton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 01:03:56 UTC 2007

Thanks.  You're a tad over my head here, but I looked in the
application contents and a couple of files that might be what you're
speaking of, but I don't really have Ruby knowledge.  I'm just using
textmate to do work in Tex and R, mostly.

Anyway, in Contents/ShardSupport/Support/bin, there's a file called
LatexLabelCompletion.rb.  Perhaps this is it?

My TeX install is at /us/local/gwTeX/bin/power-pc-current/.  It's a
fairly standard installation, in that I haven't made any modifications
to the MacTeX installation, so it's pretty as-is.

-Nathan

>I believe that the ruby script that fetches the path to your LaTeX tools is:

    $TM_SUPPORT_PATH/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb

If you look at this script, it has a function for fetching the location of the
LaTeX binaries called `tex_path`, which tries several different ways of getting
>to your TeX install, and should usually work.  I'm not sure why you'd
be getting
>this error, as the script should only try to use kpswitch once it has found it
in the `tex_path` function.  That is, the `tex_path` function explicitly tests
for the availability of kpswitch, so if it's not there, it shouldn't be getting
used later on.

>Maybe you can share some more details about your install.

>I can't really offer too much advice, because I have pretty much nothing to do
with the TeX bundle.  Hopefully Haris will come back from wherever he's been
hiding, or someone else will step in with a solution.

Jacob Rus,
Harvard College

--
----------
Nathan A. Paxton

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
        - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
        -Coco Chanel