[TxMt] Column selection question

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:51:32 UTC 2007

Hi there,

Taking a dummy example string like:

KIBRA
C/T
T/T
C/C

Questions
1/ Using the keyboard, how do I make a zero-width column selection at the
last position for each of the bottom three lines? The manual suggests that
holding option-shift while moving (arrow) from the top to the bottom lines
should do it, but this doesn't create the right selection for me, and when I
push option, the selection is not converted to a zero-width column cursor
(nothing happens).

2. Can I type at the end of each line (given that the lines end on different
columns)?

''The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, to
write, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one
of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable.''

James Madison
Annals of Congress 434 (1789).