[TxMt] textmate can't find ruby.

aaron smith beingthexemplarylists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:37:50 UTC 2007

I have recently switched to a mac. And I tried re-installing ruby from the
default 1.8.2. To 1.8.4. I followed the install instructions from
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rails_lighttpd_mysql_tiger.
Everything from those instructions seems to install fine. But now textmate
doesn't know where ruby is..

it's weird.. if I run ruby from the command line or irb it works fine.. But
textmate compains about not finding it. (when using the Subversion bundle).
Textmate says it's searching all these different directories (one happens to
actally have ruby in it). but Textmat still can';t find it..

on other thing I noticed.. is that if i do a >>whereis ruby<< it doesnt show
anything.. I'm thinking that's the problem but how do I fix it..

any ideas?

thanks all.