[TxMt] Re: Bulletin Board like editing

Zeitler Andreas zettt at macbay.de
Sun Jan 14 14:50:38 UTC 2007

> Hmm, well you'll have to explain what you mean.  There's no way
> that the bundle can really fetch posts from a BB, etc.  The best
> way to use the BBCode bundle is--assuming you use a webkit-based
> browser like Safari, OmniWeb, etc.--to make a new post in your
> browser, and then use the edit in textmate input manager to get the
> text into TextMate.  Then when you save the textmate window, it
> will put the updated text back into your browser.  If you use
> firefox, i think some sort of external editor support is
> achievable, but I don't know how.  If you use Opera or Camino, I
> think you're out of luck for now (though I could be wrong about
> Opera).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jacob

Nonono you misunderstand me. Go to your favourite Board and do the
following:
1. Start making a new Post/Thread/Message
2. Type in some text. Lets say "This is my text"
3. Lets say you want the word "text" to appear as a link.
4. In a normal web browser you do this by marking the text "text",
click on "URL=" then the text "text" changes to [url=]text[/url].

Did it become clearer to you what i mean?

It would be nice to have TM act like the web editor so i can paste
the text back to the browser when i fnished with my post.