[TxMt] Fuse for OS X, ssh file system!

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Jan 12 01:53:12 UTC 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:

> If that works well there would be no need for an ssh implementation
> in TextMate, and Allan could use the time to add other cool
> things... And it probably is just a matter of time before ftp will
> be supported by this as well.

I've been hoping someone would do this. I'm surprised they were able
to reuse so much of the FUSE implementation. IMO, the MacFUSE release
almost makes up for the lack of Leopard news at MacWorld.

On the other hand, you do _not_ want to ship or rely on a third-party
kernel extension if you can avoid it.

If Apple could be persuaded to include FUSE as part of Leopard (or, at
this point, a Leopard dot release), sure.

Chris