[TxMt] "showGuessPanel:" not working

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:49:59 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have the key F12 bound to the action "showGuessPanel:" in Cocoa,
which is then re-implemented by TextMate. However, the correction
list is always empty in TextMate when it is full of best guesses in
Cocoa apps.

Test case:
  - set up a Cocoa keybinding in ~/Library/KeyBindings/
DefaultKeyBinding.dict (F12 is unicode UF70F) to "showGuessPanel:"
  - restart TextMate
  - open a new plain text document (with online spell checking enabled)
  - type "apparentley " (including the end space to indicate end of
word)
  - press F12 (or the keybinding you previously bound)

The guess list is empty, whereas if you do this in a Cocoa app such
as TextEdit, the spelling pane would contain the ranked best guesses
for the correct spelling of the word.

I would actually be happier if there was an action that inserted the
"best guess" without requiring feedback, but I'm not aware if such an
action exists. Is there perhaps a way to macro this within TextMate?

--
Sam