[TxMt] Re: Cocoa Autocomplete

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 11 10:50:35 UTC 2007

Sam Halliday wrote:
> Isn't TextMate built in Cocoa... how come it can use all the other Cocoa
> methods except complete??

It can't use them all.  Each one had to be re-implemented by Allan.

>>> Is there a list somewhere of all the TextMate symbols that can be
>>> used in the KeyBindings.dict file?
>> (didn't I send a link to my giant list in the last email?)
>
> Not since I've joined. It'd be better if there was a page somewhere with
> sort of this info on it.

Like two emails ago, in this thread, in response to your email...

Here it is again though:
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/selectors.html

> Incidentally, I created a macro that uses the find/replace to go to the
> next \n\n, which works, but highlights both lines!

Yes, that is overly simplistic.  You can add a right/left arrow to the
end of your macro (depending on how you want it to work).  But you
probably also want a more complex regexp than just `\n\n`, which is
overly specific, and won't match lines that include spaces.

Also, I didn't know
> how to reverse this and make it search backwards... any hints on that?

Yes, do a search backwards. :)

> Would a snippet perhaps be more appropriate?

Um... what?  A snippet has nothing to do with matching patterns...

> Where is the best place to start learning snippets?

What do you mean?  A pretty good place is sitting in front of your
computer, with TextMate open, looking at the bundles menu or the bundle
editor.

But really the best place is in the Moscone Center, San Francisco,
sometime in the next two days, where Soryu, Infin, and myself will be
happy to show off any and all snippets.

-Jacob