[TxMt] Re: Re-binding Cmd-J and Shift+Cmd+J

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 8 08:47:09 UTC 2007

Brendan Dixon wrote:
> Is it possible to re-bind Cmd+J and Shift+Cmd+J? Or are they consumed by
> the menu system? I was unable to locate the appropriate command TextMate
> uses for these keys.
>
> Also, is there a complete list of commands TextMate supports for key
> bindings. The default KeyBindings.dict does not list everything (e.g.,
> movePageUp, movePageDown).

No, but you can find them in 2 places.  First, you can look at my
[complete list][list] of generic selectors, but you can look in the key
bindings file inside the TM app to see what the extra ones are.

To override ⌘J and ⇧⌘J you can't use bindings, because the ⌘ key is
always sucked up by the menus, so instead, in TextMate, you can make a
macro that does the desired action, and then set it to have the desired
key equivalent.

[list]: http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/selectors.html

-Jacob