[TxMt] RubyOSA – a Ruby/AppleEvent Bridge

Ben Bleything ben at bleything.net
Thu Jan 4 17:00:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007, Jordan Breeding wrote:
> You might also check out rb-appscript, ported from python.
>
> http://rb-appscript.rubyforge.org/

While I do suggest you check this out, I want to point out that RubyOSA
is actually being written by Apple, and is also insanely cool ;)

As to whether it's faster, I think it probably depends a lot on whether
you've already got a Ruby interpreter up and running.  If you're using
RubyOSA to send events from an existing Ruby process, it's likely faster
than shelling out to osascript.

That said, the difference is probably negligible.  RubyOSA is a joy to
use, but I have not tried rb-appscript so it may be as well :)

Ben