[TxMt] Latex bundle: error catching problem

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Jan 4 12:58:12 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 7:10 AM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> To reproduce, create a new .tex file containing

Thanks for the great minimal example, I can definitely reproduce it
here. Very interesting! I'm leaving for a conference in a couple of
hours, but I'll try to take a look at it when I get a moment. I am
guessing it might have to do with the following line in Support/bin/
latexErrWarnHtml.py:

errPat = re.compile('^([\.\/\w\x7f-\xff]+\.tex):(\d+):.*')

I don't know much about Python so it would take me some time to
figure it out exactly, but I wonder if this would match:

./a.tex:4: Extra }, or forgotten $.

but not:

./a-b.tex:4: Extra }, or forgotten $.

hence causing the problem we are seeing. I am just not sur what the
\x7f-\xff stuff is doing, but it seems the part of the pattern
referring to the filename is a bit restrictive. Perhaps some Python
guru can help us out a bit here. Brad? Jacob?

Haris