[TxMt] Re-binding Cmd-J and Shift+Cmd+J

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Jan 3 20:04:16 UTC 2007

On Jan 3, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Brendan Dixon wrote:

> Is it possible to re-bind Cmd+J and Shift+Cmd+J? Or are they
> consumed by the menu system? I was unable to locate the appropriate
> command TextMate uses for these keys.

Edit -> Find -> Jump to Selection
Navigation -> Go to Middle Visible Line

Creating a new textmate command and assigning it one of these key
equivalents seems to work for me, in terms of overriding them. Unless
I've misunderstood what you are trying to do.

> Also, is there a complete list of commands TextMate supports for
> key bindings. The default KeyBindings.dict does not list everything
> (e.g., movePageUp, movePageDown).

It probably supports some subset of these:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/
ApplicationKit/Classes/NSResponder_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//
apple_ref/occ/cl/NSResponder
plus perhaps some of Allan's own. But at that point, without Allan
publishing an API, it's unclear what will and will not work,
especially in the long run.

> Thanks.
>
> Brendan Dixon
> brendandixon at mac.com