[TxMt] Re: bundle organization

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Feb 27 14:14:42 UTC 2007

On 27. Feb 2007, at 15:03, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

> [...]
> Should we have an explicit BETA bundle for working on new versions
> of existing things?
> Should we include the new syntax in the existing bundle with a BETA
> tag or something?

I think we should make an explicit BETA branch in the repository --
many users checkout the full repository and gets stuff that may trick
them, especially that (experimental stuff) which overload common keys
(like e.g. the Experimental LaTeX which redefine the page up/down and
home/end keys for text.tex.latex).

> Unless anyone seriously objects, I'm going to move Ruby
> Experimental into the Ruby bundle and make sure that you can only
> get at it by explicitly selecting it.

Well, you can only get at the PHP syntax by explicitly selecting it,
yet many users still do so ;)

I opt for not even having this stuff available to users who did not
manually select to checkout the beta branch.

Could you btw make a case for the new Ruby syntax? I never figured
out what problem it was supposed to solve.