[TxMt] Support for setMark and deleteToMark

Stian Grytøyr stian at grytoyr.net
Tue Feb 27 10:50:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

After much deliberation I decided to switch from Emacs to Textmate
yesterday, despite being wary about some important keybindings not
being supported.

I've managed to map almost everything the way I like it, but the most
important is still not supported, and that is ctrl-space and ctrl-w for
setMark and deleteToMark, respectively.

After searching the mailing list and blog archives I am left with the
impression that this has been on the todo list for several years. I was
just wondering if there is an ETA on this functionality? And out of curiosity,
is it very difficult to add, or just very low on the (long) todo list?

I'm asking because I fear I will have to unlearn the very efficient Emacs
way (to me, anyway) while I wait for this to be supported in TM. And that
would be a shame :)

In most other aspects, TM is fantastic. And the better I understand it,
the more impressed I get. Great editor!

--
Best regards,
Stian Grytøyr