[TxMt] Problem installing themes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Feb 27 06:02:00 UTC 2007

On 27. Feb 2007, at 02:44, Jacob Glenn wrote:

> I seem to have messed up my TextMate theme default and was
> wondering if anyone could tell me how to fix it. I toyed with the
> colors of my favorite theme (Vibrant Ink) and decided I didn't like
> the changes, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled the theme. But
> now when I restart TextMate it doesn't recognize Vibrant Ink (which
> does not show up in the theme list).

How did you uninstall it? If you somehow deleted it from inside
TextMate, and the theme was outside ~/Library, TM will record it as
having been deleted, rather than remote it from disk.

To reset the state of deleted (default) themes, execute the following
from Terminal (while TM is not running):

     defaults delete com.macromates.textmate
OakThemeManagerDeletedThemes

> I looked in ~/Library/Applcation Support/TextMate/Themes, and
> the .tmTheme file is there. So what's up? Any clues? I miss Vibrant
> Ink :<

Try cat the theme to see if it is intact -- e.g. grep it through ‘pl’.